Saturday, June 1, 2013

My first Week

This was my first full week of work here at YWAM. So far, I really like working here. My projects, even though they are not that important, are working towards something. So, I feel like I'm a part of something bigger. Like in a small way, God is using me to help. This week I have been working on poster deigns for a short film the Create is making. Let's just say, going into it I really didn't believe in myself that I could come up with a good design, so I was worried. But several people in our group prayed specifically for inspiration and I do say, I think they are turning out great. It's amazing what the power of prayer can do. But I have started to get to know more people and I always seem to be busy. No matter what time of the day it is, there is always something going on. Which is different than back at home, but I am adjusting. I still get my to myself time on the weekends, which is good for me, I need it.

Although everything at work is great. I have been feeling lousy this past week. Kind of like my body is trying to fight something off, so I'm exhausted, and I have been running a fever, and coughing and stuff. I would just ask that you pray that it goes away and I will be in good health while I'm here. And also, these houses don't have any heat, and it seems to trap in the cold no matter how warm it gets outside. Just pray that I stay warm and can keep from getting sick. Those who know me well, know that I get sick at every opportunity my body finds.

This morning I did get to go do some thrift shopping with some of my housemates. They took me to this sort of community thrift market. It had everything you could possible think of. I described it as "A thrift store on steroids". But I went because I was needing some warmer shoes, and clothes to wear since its pretty cold. I just pray that God keeps me warm over the 2 months I'm here, because I wasn't prepared for it.

I feel God molding me in ways that I can't explain. It's like a deep stirring of my heart in who I am and who he says I am. He has given me such amazing people to work with. I'm so glad that I get to work with them while I'm here. But for an example of the whole growing thing... I actually sat at a table where I didn't know anyone the other night!!....And....I survived. HAHA I would never ever ever do that before, but I'm stepping up and doing things I never would before. It's kinda hard to be shy here, when everyone (and I mean everyone) comes up and just starts talking to you. You don't have the chance to not talk. Which in a way, I guess is what I really needed.

I am sad that camp is starting...today actually, and I won't be there. This is my first summer away from the camp, so it is very bittersweet for me. I'm happy because I'm here in Australia do work for the Lord, but I'm also sad that I don't get to see all the kids faces on the first day of camp, and watch them grow and change for the Lord. I guess I'm the one doing the growing a
and changing this summer.Any ways here is something to brighten up all of your days!! This is known as the ugliest piece of public artwork in Perth. Let me know what you think of it, or if you know what it is.

1 comment: