Monday, May 27, 2013

New experiences

Hello everyone!! This weekend has been awesome and emotional in several different ways. Friday night, they have what they call "Friday Night Meeting" which is basically like a church service. I was tired that night but I decided to go anyways. I have been to several different church services but that was an experience. It was so loud in there from EVERY single person that was singing. No one held back or were embarrassed. It was quite a sight to see. People falling to their knees in the middle of worshiping our Lord. It just made me think about some people are so concerned with how they appear to others that they don't stop to think about how God views their worship. But anyways, it was a great experience and something I will definitely have to get used to. Then on Saturday I got to go into the city a little bit. Some friends took me to this shopping area called "Harbortown" and let me tell you, they know how to do sales. If any of you know me, you know I usually won't buy anything unless its on sale. Well, EVERYTHING was on sale. It was great. I got a couple of things that I needed for my stay here.

 But getting there and coming back was an experience. I'm not from a big city where you have to use buses and trains to get where you need to, so when we got on the bus to get to the city I was overwhelmed by how many people could fit on one bus. There were lot's of people invading my personal space and then some. It was crazy!!
 But altogether it was a fun day with friends, and good to be outside in the sun. Its been warmer the past couple of days so I have been in a better mood. Then on Sunday, I slept in and used the day as a Sabbath day. Just a day of rest. I did a lot of reading my bible, and other books, and writing in my journal, and napping. It was such a relaxing day sitting out in the sun and soaking up some vitamin D.

 I think it was just what I needed. Then today was my first day of full work, and I believe it went very well. I went to the base, and everyone does morning chores to clean the facility since they don't hire people to do it. Then, at 8:30 they had an hour long worship session. This is literately an hour long of singing praises to God. Again, I was blown away by how these people worship. Everyone expresses themselves in different ways, but still it is still amazing to see people worshiping God in reckless emotion. It lifted my spirit to see all these amazing people worshiping God as one. And I was also amazed at how everyone in the entire room seemed to be amazing singers. They all sounded so good. After the worship session, I started work with my group. Right now I'm working on designing business cards, and movie posters for various things they are doing within the organization. I'm having fun using my skills to help them out. But in all this, I have had to grow and really stretch myself. I'm not the most outgoing person there is, but it is kind of hard not to be in this environment. People are always talking to you, and you always have to go find someone, or meet people and start working with them. I can almost see God smiling looking down on my saying "I knew you could do, even if I had to push you into the situation". But I know this is good for me, and I'm excited to see in what other ways God grows me.

No comments:

Post a Comment