
This past week has been a very busy one. YWAM had an in-house mission's conference. They had worship every morning, morning tea, morning session, lunch, they had afternoon sessions, dinner, and then an evening session. It was a long week but I learned so much. They told a bunch of stories about famous missionaries and there was one that really stuck with me. Her name was Amy Charmichael and she was a single woman who moved to India and basically lived there the rest of her life, and was working to save the children there from prostitution and slavery and keeping them from being homeless. It was her life goal to save the children from there. They also told me a mindblowing statistic that there are about 500,000 to 1,000,000 people/children who are in slavery in India alone. That breaks my heart. But what amazes me about this is that she was only one person who did so very much. I just draw strength from that, because for a long time, I have never wanted to go it alone and be by myself. But I think this week God has been telling me that it is okay to be alone and to go your own way as long as I am serving him I will be fine. It will be my biggest trial time and time again. But it is something I desperately need to learn.


This weekend, I went to a going away party for one of the friends I have made since I have been here. He is done with his school and is going back to Norway for a couple months before coming back here on Staff. I was super impressed by him and his roommates. They went out and bought all the food, and cooked all the food themselves and set everything up. It was spectacular. They even let the ladies go forth. They were true gentlemen and I appreciate them so much for how they treat others. But I had so much that day. We were there from like noon until 11 p.m.. We played games and we had a bonfire, and we danced, and we talked, and to top it all off we set up a projector and had an outdoor movie with popcorn. The gift of friendship is so strong here. I feel like I have made some really good friends during my short time here. But they are all getting ready to leave and I feel I'm going to have to start all over again. I'm very sad that they are leaving. Especially since I don't know whether I will ever see them again. Its hard to leave friends that you know love you for you and actually truly care about you. They will be sorely missed. But I know God is just working on me some more while I'm here. Making me face all my fears in the short amount of time I'm here. He is refining me through the fire, and its painful but I know I will be better on the other side of it all.
I hope no one is dying of the heat back home. I am enjoying the nice 60 and 70 degree weather here. I'm going to be in shock when I come back in August. I wish all of you the best. And thanks for all your prayers and support. I wouldn't be doing this without you.
No comments:
Post a Comment