Sunday, June 9, 2013

Stirrings of the heart...

Hey everybody, I just wanted to give an update to what I've been doing this past week. We have something that we do almost every day of the week as a base, or as a team that I think is rather cool. Mondays we have worship for an hour in the auditorium, which is really great just to come together and worship to start off our week. On Tuesday's we have intercession, which is where we pray for other people or other nations that we feel like God has placed on our hearts to pray for. Wednesdays we have short pray time in the morning with our team. On Thursday evenings we have evangelism or outreach teams that go out into the city and do work. My group went and cleaned a guys house who was unable to do it for himself. He was such a nice and lovely man, but no one has put in the time to get to know him and help him with things he can't do. It was great to be able to do work for someone else. And Friday evenings we have Friday Night meeting, which is basically like a church service.

This week I have been working on Posters for the Wongi Warrior film that the film crew is editing and making as we speak. I've hit a couple of rough spots on it, but am still going strong on that. The other project I'm doing right now is a Newsletter for Create Perth. I haven't got too far on it yet, but I think its coming along nicely and God is helping me with his vision to how it needs to look.

I have made some amazing friends since I've been here, which is a big thing for me. I'm not used to opening up so quickly, but in doing so...I have gotten to know so many more people. The team that I work for and the office that I work in are truly amazing people, and God has blessed me to be able to work alongside them in their works.



In other events, this weekend was an exciting one!! If any of you saw on Facebook, you saw that I got to pet some Kangaroos this weekend. It was a disaster getting to the place to the Kangaroos, but I persevered and made it to Harrison Island to pet the Kangaroos. The island was so pretty and it was such a beautiful day. The roos were so cute. They were tame, so we could go up and pet them and take pictures. It was so good to get outside and soak up some sunshine. But the walk there and back was kind of a long one. I was exhausted when I finally got home. But I enjoyed the time with friends, and got to take lots of pictures.

The thing that has really been on my heart is that God can use whatever ability a person has and use it for his great purpose. YWAM uses all sorts of gifts and abilities and uses that for a specific missions field. There is a sports DTS, and music DTS, and medical DTS, and media DTS, or construction, or skateboarding. It's all here. They do 3 months of training and 3 months or outreach. So, they train them in the ways of using their gifts to spread the gospel and then they send them out into the world to do it. It just made me realize that anyone could do something like this. We all have different talents and abilities and are in different situations, but God can use anyone to do his will. We just have to be brave enough to step out into the world to do it. Trust God that he will use what he gave you, to further his kingdom. If all of us stepped out in faith, how amazing would that be. How quickly could we see the gospel spread through the unreached areas of the world. It blows my mind to think about. My not my will, but God's will be done. I just ask that he uses me in the ways he wants me to be used. That I can be brave enough to take that step out of my safe door, and into the world.

I hope all of you are having a wonderful summer back home, and know that I miss you all so much. I can't wait to come back and share all my experiences that I have gained over this summer. Thanks for all each of you has done to get me here. God Bless!

1 comment: