Monday, July 8, 2013

To the Bush and Back

This past week has been a mix of emotions for me. I was a little sad because some of my really good friends left and I was adjusting, but I also was really excited for the amazing opportunity that I had the past 4 days. I got to travel with the Cygnet film team (part of the create team I work for) out to the Bush. Literately like 6 hours out in the desert to these small country towns and one aboriginal community. We got to stay in a really nice house while we were there and that was a total blessing. Cygnet films is currently making a short film called Wongi Warrior which I am designing a poster for. They had filmed most of their shots over 6 months ago and realized they needed some more shots to fill in the gaps in their movie. I volunteered to come with them and they let me go. I got to learn how to do sound/audio for them. I got to put all the equipment together and wear headphones and and hold a microphone out to record while they were filming. So that was one of the awesome things I got to do while I was there. The second was that I got to meet the 2 aboriginal kids that were acting in the movie. I got to see where they live and I got to play with them and talk to them. The 12 year old boy just really stole my heart. He was willing to act and let me take pictures of him, and I had some really good conversations with him, and got to play games with him. He broke my heart on the last day, asking if I was coming back when the screened the movie, and I had to tell him no, I would be back in America by then. But he kept insisting that I had to come back and see him. When I told him I had to go home and couldn't come back he was like "then just don't go back, just stay here." It just stole my heart for him. How can you feel so much love for a child you only knew for 4 days. And the little 6 year old girl that was acting as well was just adorable. She was full of energy that never stopped. She was climbing around the bus where we were filming basically the entire time. She was an onery little thing, but she was just too cute for her own good. One day on the way back from filming she fell asleep on me in the car. Again I only knew her for 4 days and she gave me hugs and just acting like she had known me forever. I was very sad when I had to say goodbye to them for the last time, knowing I will probably never get to see them ever again. But they will forever be in my heart and hopefully I will get a copy of the movie when they are done so I can always remember them.



I guess the big thing here is that I realized that this can impact their community so much. I am just so proud to be a part of something so big. These communities really need this kind of influence in their lives. And it also made me realize, that no matter what gifts God has given you, whether it be Graphic Design, or filming, or nursing, or a handy man, or a stay at home mom, no matter what you are good at, God can use you. God can use your abilities for amazing things to impact the world. But the only thing is, we have to be willing. If we have a willing heart to do what God says, then he will use you in ways you never thought possible. I wish more people were willing. I wish I had been more willing earlier in my life. All I know is that I am willing now. I am willing to put myself out there to change the world, to change hearts, to change lives. God has revealed to me that I am worth everything to him, and that he can use my gifts and abilities that HE gave me to further his kingdom. All he wants is our willingness to give up our lives, and place them in his hands to do with what he wants. If we all did that, think how much we could accomplish? All I know is that God has increased my love for children, and increased my love for others. Increased my love for him and his purpose for me. God I am willing. Send me.

I hope this has encouraged you. God has been doing amazing things in my life, and has opened up my eyes to so many things. I am very blessed to have come on this adventure and to see all the things I have seen. God's creation is so beautiful. Thank you all for your continued support and prayer. I have also been praying for all of you as well. What gifts has God blessed you with in your life? Are you willing to let him use you?

In Christ,

Regan Elaine Powers

No comments:

Post a Comment